Pressed Juicery vs. Soupure

Friday, July 01, 2016


Is souping the new juicing? Post-barre, the queue for Pressed Juicery across the Bar Method studio forms like clockwork. On days I'm not feeling a Vanilla Almond or Brazil Nut, I'll head to rival stand Soupure for the Superhero. While the latter concoction rings up at nearly the twice the price, something about the thick, fibrous - well, "soupy" - quality staves off hunger for twice as long.

I recently completed a partial cleanse on Pressed, but I don't understand how anyone survives on six bottles of liquid per day. In fact, the reason I've never gone completely gung ho on a juice cleanse is because I would be left with no friends afterwards (hangry me is highly unpleasant). However, soups and smoothies are a different matter, and my own recipe is so filling it can knock out cravings for hours - when I can withstand the temptations of bubble tea and Asian bakeries on a trip to the east side, I know I've found a winner. Do yourself a favor and cut out the Pressed/Blueprint/MasterCleanse for the simple recipe below:

1 scoop Sunwarrior Vanilla protein (completely plant-based)
1 scoop Perfect Food Super Green
1.5 cups frozen fruit
12 oz almond milk
1 tbsp almond butter (if desired)
Chia seeds, granola, or pumpkin seeds for toppings

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

Subscribe

Contact Form